Monday, January 24, 2005

my bad!!

Time flies faster than I can handle nowadays. It's already almost a month into 2005 and I have yet to post anything to my beloved blog. My BAD!!! Not that anything spectacular has happened noteworthy in my life. It's been...uneventful and quiet to say the least.

I rang in the new year with a raging flu bout which developed into a debilitating sinus infection. Thus, there was no amount of drinking or partying for me on NYE 2004. Instead, it was a quiet nite for me, my honey & my doggy- camped out on my comfy couch watching t.v.

As for new year resolutions, if you know me at all, you know I do not make resolutions per se. I don't commit to strict diet or workout regimes or unrealistic goals which most likely will flop a mere 3 weeks into the new year; Instead, I just set my hopes for a year ahead of happiness. After all, that’s all that really matters: happiness. Not $$, not weight distribution, etc. etc

Anyhow, I have been keeping up with fixing my house and am desperately looking for renters for my recently rehabbed 3 BR house. Any takers? hee hee...

What sucks most about being a landlord is having to find a tenant in midst of the coldest months of the year in Chicago. Matter of fact, just this weekend it snowed a good 2 feet in a period of under 24 hours !!! The second most horrible thing about being a landlord is the immense amount of shoveling you have to do. I shoveled so much this weekend I'll be sore for days to come...OUCH!!! And I must say, watching me shovel 2 feet of snow is a sad, SAD, SAD feat to say the least! hee hee. If I wasn't so broke I would run to the local Home Depot to buy me a snow blower. ‘Til I win the lotto though, I will have to settle for my handy dandy shovel & some sore muscles.

No comments: