Friday, April 15, 2005

random thoughts

This is the life. I am now enjoying a rare moment of solitude with no boyfriend and no dog. Yippie!! It's just me, my laptop, and my comfy pillow; surrounded by candle light and a fresh breeze coming in my windows.

Talking about time for myself, I have had a lot of time to read, and am currently reading 3 books right now simultaneously. Matter of fact, its not rare to see me walking down the street, open book in hand, on my way from the train to the office...or the car to the home. I do, from time to time, look up to make sure I am not straying from my intended path, especially at intersections and such. It must be a strange sight because people just seem to stare and stare. Oh well

One of the great things about living in Chicago is the fact that it is one of the only cities around with 4 clearly defined seasons, which really make you savor them. That being said, at the beginning of each season, I think to myself "XY season is my favorite season of the year." In the spring, I am awe inspired by the sprouting leaves of trees, the freshness of the air, the cleaning properties of spring rain. In the summer, I indulge in the outdoors: looking forward to the many family cook outs, getting that wonderful tan, and just plain enjoying the warmth of the sun. In the fall, I lose myself in the rich brown, red, and green colors all around, the crisp air, and of course, my birthday. Last but certainly not least, in the winter, I take in the beauty of a city covered in all white, the joy I get when making a snow angel or riding down the slopes on a snowboard, and most importantly, partaking in the cuddling of my honey under the blankets. Today, I am thinking...spring is the most beautiful season of the year. It’s warm, but not too warm, breezy, but not windy. Utter perfection to me...

No comments: