Tuesday, April 25, 2006

this world's a bubble

With all these networking and reunion sites out there it seems the world has shrunk 10 times over. I recently compounded this "shrinkage" by opening up a myspace account last week. You type in all your information and, presto, suddenly there is a list of people which you "probably" know from previous schools attended or from your previous job.

I have to admit, it was kinda nice to see the faces of high school friends I haven't spoke to in 10 years. It was even nicer to email a few back and forth to bullshit and catch up. Though, it's too bad it can't block out those you want to forget, like ex boyfriend from hell and that conceited stuck up girl from back in the day. What's funnier to me is that some things just don't change. This is evident simply by the look of ms thang's profile (you know the ones with pics of her booty everywhere). Looks like the only thing that changed about her is her waist size. Not to say that I wish any one (not even the abovementioned asshole ex) bad in their life, I just rather not even think about all the long since past bullshit and drama.

Yet, I feel all the high school memories coming back to me the more I think about it all.

3 comments:

Amadeo said...

Thoughts like this make me wonder is it good or bad that my school is not having a reunion.

ms. purity said...

you're right: it truly is a double edged sword. But in my mind, the good outweighs the bad.

Talking about reunions, my high school's reuinion is this summer, but I don't plan on going. That's just a little too much for even me.

Mickey Glitter said...

I stay away from those "when and where did you graduate?" sites like they carry the plague. I hated high school with a passion! College was good, though, but the people I wanted to keep in touch with, I have. And the others can just pound sand. =)