Friday, November 09, 2007

obama slacking?

Now, I have been crazy about Barack Obama for years, but this recent article detailing how he has been slacking on his senator duties since he announced his presidential bid has me a bit peeved.

Apparently, during the last two and half months, Senator Obama has not voted on important issues bought to the Senate 80% of the time: missing voting more than any other presidential candidate currently in the senate. Now, I understand running a presidential campaign is both energy and time consuming beyond belief, however I feel there is no reason, short of a family emergency or physical impairment, adequate enough to miss out voting on Child Healthcare, the war in Iraq, and the escalating issues that have been coming up with Iran. He didn't vote on any of those important national issues, yet he made the time last week to appear on Saturday Night Live for some indulgent self-promotion.

Needless to say, I am sincerely disappointed in Barack. Here he is preaching about everything he would be doing to help the country as president of the United States, but yet currently isn't doing everything in his power as the Illinois Senator as it is. This is the man that is supposed to be representing me, a citizen of Chicago...and I feel cheated because he obviously feels he is too busy to participate in such proceedings. I sincerely don't know if these factors will deter me JUST YET for voting for him, but I will certainly keep this in mind when I hear him speaking about "should have, could have, would haves" in debates, interviews, and the like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.