Monday, July 12, 2004

if you're happy and you know it...shake your ass

Man... today is a wonderful day. For the first time in over 6 weeks, my shoulder feels somewhat normal. I can dance, frolic, stretch, and just plain chill without feeling that familiar twang of pain that I have become accustomed to lately. Halleluiah!

Also, The Roots new cd, dubbed The Tipping Point, is coming out tomorrow. The Roots have to be one of the most talented, diverse and blazing hip hop groups of all time and, needless to say, I have put every one of their cd’s in steady rotation countless of times. I really, REALLY, REALLY want it, but unfortunately I might have to wait until I close on the house on Friday and get my financial situation in order. I know it's only $10, but I will be pretty much BROKE for the remainder of the month, if not for the next few months and have to watch EVERY PENNY.

But on another positive note...I won free passes to see I, Robot tomorrow night. I have seen the previews and the movie doesn't look half bad (even though my friend says it will be the equivalent of a third 'Men in Black'). Anyway...supposedly, the movie takes place in a futuristic Chicago (2035 AD to be exact). Being a Chicago native, you know I have to represent even if just a little bit. The premise of the movie is that in this futuristic world, humans have become increasingly dependent on robots, which all of a sudden have decided to start killing everyone. How did this happen? And more importantly, how are they stopped? I guess I will find out tomorrow! So, look forward to a review in the near future.

Well...I have to bother my mortgage broker now to make sure everything is in order for closing on Friday; Til later, peace & love to everyone.

No comments: