Friday, July 22, 2005

birthdays not quite forgotten

Don't you hate those birthdays you just can't seem to forget no matter how hard you try to block them? Like your creepy ex of 6 years, or those people once great friends, only to become enemies, or even worse: your asshole of a boss that somehow expects a gift from YOU, whom gets paid a measly quarter for each dollar he makes?

Today is one of those days. It's my cousins /old best friends birthday. Not only are we blood family, we were best friends for many years. But, somewhere along the way she turned into a self loathing bitch who thinks everyone owes her something while she, SHE sits on her ass, smokes pot all day, and weasels my aunts money. In essence, she has pissed me off & fucked me over more times than I will admit.

I knew in my heart for a long time that just having her in my life was traumatizing and stressing me out more than I was willing to endure. Thus, earlier this year, I erased her from my life: removed her from cellphone book & my yahoo messenger, and just stopped calling. And, I never looked back...til today, her 28th birthday.

Today I have such a strong urge to call her just to wish her well. I want to buy her a drink or buy her some flowers... 1/2 knowing she's not worth it and probably wouldn't even appreciate the gesture anyway...

So instead I just lay on my couch and just send her positive energy, knowing this day will forever be one of those birthdays that I will never quite forget for the rest of my life...

1 comment:

Mickey Glitter said...

I had a birthday person like that. My ex's birthday was on the same day as my best friend's and when the ex and I finally went our separate ways, it was impossible for me not to think of her when celebrating my best friend's b-day. I've also got a couple other friends with that same birthdate. Seemed to be a popular day! =)