Friday, October 28, 2005

another chapter in my life ending...

Today I walked out on my job, with nothing but a bunch of my accumulated crap I had in my desk and solemn prayers that the lord has bigger and better places for me to be than that SHIT HOLE I called a job for the last year and a half.

UGH, what assholes!!!

The skinny: Recently, I was given a raise only for it to be re-nigged on me today. That, on top of increasing amount of 12 hour work days and RECEIVING NO BONUS as stated in my contract, I told them "YOU CAN TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVEL IT..." as I threw them the peace sign.

While I am scared shitless that I just threw myself deeper in shit that I already am financially, I am hopeful. It just gets to a point where you just can't take being taken advantage of anymore. I do at least 4 peoples job, mind you, and I know damn well they can afford this raise. But, that raise probably meant the difference between the regional director getting a bonus or not. Needless to say, it was the last straw. Actually, I had been at that boiling point for a while; just putting in the bare minimum until I found something else comparable. But, alas, it was meant to be this way and there's no way I am going back...after all I can always waitress. If you break it down by hour I probably would get paid about the same considering the long hours I put in vs the time I would be waitressing.

But, no worries, I have quite a few open opportunities elsewhere that seem very promising. In the meanwhile, is anyone in the Chicago area looking for a know-it-all education manager and/or Marketing Manager and/or real estate property manager? If so, I am available IMMEDIATELY...and please...

...say a prayer for me. I just dove off a cliff...yet I feel like a ton of bricks has just been lifted off my chest!!!

3 comments:

Mickey Glitter said...

Hey girl, I know where you're at right now and I know you'll be fine. You've a good head on your shoulders and probably more talent and brains in your little finger than everyone combined from your last job.

Perhaps I was dropping the "F" bomb for you, too! =)

*big hug*

ms. purity said...

Thank you for the support Mickey! Matter fact, I should have done it a long time ago. It was the best thing to happen to me in a long time. May the bastards rot in hell. :)

Mickey Glitter said...

Right on!!!!