Sunday, October 23, 2005

one helluva rollercoaster ride

This week has been full of its up and downs. Let me take you on a ride.

downer 1: The 3rd set of major layoffs at my work has left the region with a meager staff of a dozen. I am one of the lone survivors of the 40 employees my company employed a year ago today. My coworkers, whom have become like family, have all been let go.

upside 1: Even though there were layoffs, I still have a job (at least for now)

upside 2: today me & the bf installed a new window in my living room. It looks beautiful!!! Fucken gorgeous I tell you!!

downside 2: like dummies - we didn't check the weather forcast and it ended up pouring rain on us half way through the installation. We had to install it in the rain

downside 3: from being in the rain installing a window, my throat is starting to hurt & I think I have a fever. FUCK!!!

upside 3: one of my best friends got married yesterday

upside 4: The White Sox won yesterday. God willing there will be a sweep against Houston. GO CHICAGO!!!

I hope next week has more upsides than downers.

I think its time for bed!!

No comments: