Thursday, August 31, 2006

mi madre...my hero

Today it marks 53 wonderful years of life that my talented and beautiful mother has shared with the world. I don't talk much about her, but let it be known that I am a splitting image of my mom and that she is my hero. I look so much like her that, in fact, on more than one occasion when I have seen older pictures of her, I think it's actually of me (hah hah - true story). I used to hate that fact with every atom of my being, but now I thrive off it. I figure if I can be half the woman she is inside and out, well, I'm doing pretty darn good in life.

What can I say about my moms? Mi madre is a kind and giving soul and truly is the glue to our family, both nuclear and extended alike. The oldest of 12 brother and sisters, she has wiped many asses in her days and can cook a hell of a meal. Other thing that makes my mom...well mom...is her love for working out (she works out religiously- like 5 or 6 days a week), reads trashy romance novels likes nobody's business, always watches QVC (it's like crack to her), dances to salsa/meringue songs that play in her mind while she cleans & cooks , and is addicted to playing online games while she's working. She has a killer smile and snorts sometimes when she laughs (thats when you can tell shes the happiest). Even though she drives an old rickety saturn half the time, when it's nice outside - she pimps out in my dad's Chrysler Sybring convertible - doned with her pink sunglasses & blaring salsa music doing her little happy dance behind the wheel - she's the most beautiful thing to behold.


FELIZ CUMPLEANOS, MADRE. I love you more than words can possibly say!

No comments: