Monday, August 14, 2006

war...what is is good for ?!!

More and more, I wonder if the end of the world is upon us. Every time I turn on the tube or search news websites, I am inundated with pictures and words of large scale destruction, meaningless killings and bombings, and most of all, deep rooted hatred affecting countries near and far. I am not a very religious gal, however I do consider myself pretty spiritual...and I can't help but wonder, "is this just the beginning of the end?"

No one can deny there is something terribly wrong with the world as it stands today. Thousands upon thousands of helpless people are caught in the crossfire, being killed just because they live in the wrong place at the wrong time. What is all this hatred for? What does it serve? What good is power and/or politics if all your people are dead? I just can't see how things can continue on this path of death and war without heavy consequence for everyone around the globe. What's most astonishing to me is how the value of life has been diminished to nothing and how much hatred there is going on around us. I can't comprehend why war and hatred have reigned supreme on almost everything. It's like the world has gone crazy.

This is not the way life was supposed to be. It was supposed to be filled with family, friends, love, and respect for others (even when you don't necessarily agree with others). Life is far too valuable to be wasting it on hatred based on differences of opinion, religion, and politics. Most all war is built upon trivial bullshit put into play by people who want the world to be a homogenous replica of what they themselves believe in.

Why can't we just get along...or at least just let each other be. One thing is for sure: with the state of the world as it is today, I find myself clinging to and appreciating family and friends a lot more than I used to...

In the words of the late, great John Lennon "some say I'm a dreamer..but im not the only one..."

1 comment:

Mickey Glitter said...

I hear ya...