Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Luminosity

That's a word, right ? Hee hee. In either case, today I am wearing a smile from ear to ear. I am officially on Spring Break for almost two weeks and am looking forward to being a couch bum and partaking in some pleasure reading, watching the Daily show, and consuming a few beers. :> Life is good.

Other things that put a smile on my face lately

~Pandora, a free, intuitive radio station that gets me through the work day every day. Search by favorite artist(s) and it plays music similar to your tastes. It's a great way to find new artists. I have about 10 stations and play the Quickmix to get a taste of it all!

~ Getting some much needed art therapy (click on the mouse to change the color!)

~ The smell of Springtime and the birth of new buddings on the trees on my block

~ Listening to Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech. I have to say this man moves me like no other politician has in the past. I believe today he proved he has true character by sticking to his guns and not disowning his pastor. He has passion, he has vision, he is insightful beyond measure. If you haven't read the transcript or listened to it, click here. Be warned though, it's nearly 40 minutes in length.

~ The fact that Taz, my beloved pooch, is 100% recovered from a terrible stomach virus. To see him with a wet nose, running around the house like a crazy ass, and back to his old hi-jinks again - fills me with the kind of joy only a "mother" can understand.

~Reading other peoples insightful and creative blogs, which has somehow sparked the urge for me to write once again.

Peace n love!

No comments: