Monday, June 07, 2004

jam packed weekend

The weekend was particularly awesome, as me & my honey took a much needed miniature vacation away from the hustle and bustle of the city in Schaumburg (a nearby suburb). Well, it was a quasi vacation simply because we were so close to the city had a lot of errands to run like house hunting, going to various fests, etc. But, it was like a vacation because we actually got to spend quality time together with no real distractions and best of all, we got to sleep in each others arms, which (to me) is like heaven wrapped in a blanket.

Anyway, so much happened this weekend, like me actually finding a house I loved within my budget; only to have my dreams crushed yet again by someone able to outbid me with a bigger down payment and/or giving the sellers more than I can afford. Oh wells. At least The Printer's Row Book Fair was off the hook. I got a little sun, was able to ride the train into downtown (weeee!!), and found more than a few new bookstores to salvage through in the process. Most importantly, I only spent $20 at the fair (I am so proud of myself for actually sticking within my budget on this one).

Also, this weekend marked the untimely passing of my cell phone. Drats! Now I need to buy another one, and due to my limited budget and cell phone snob etiquette, I may be forced to actually charge something this month.

Last but not least, everyone's been talking about Ronald Reagan’s passing. It’s abuzz all over the news, at the water cooler, in chat rooms and blogs worldwide. While everyone has an opinion on the death of the inventor of Reaganomics , I feel indifferent about his passing. I did not shed a tear, utter a sigh of relief or joy, or even bother listening to the comprehensive news coverage. What else is there to know ? I mean, the man lived to a ripe age of 93, and had a damn good life. Instead, I just simply changed the channel and moved on with my life.

No comments: