Thursday, February 24, 2005

cereal in a whole new light


get your spoons ready...one, two, three...go!!!

Every morning while getting ready for work, I turn on the news to get the weather, traffic, and any other blurb that stands out amongst the overabundance of mind numbing recounts of murders, accidents, and rapings in the Chi town area. This morning I heard a report about a new cafe in the works (near my work..whoo hoo) which sounded so refreshing and delicious that I had to share with it the world.

Concept: A cereal lovers delight!!! Picture this: a cereal cafe featuring over 30 cereals, dozens of toppings, home made breakfast bars, smoothies (with just a hint of cereal in them), scrumptious parfaits...all custom made with your imagination as the limit. You can mix and match your favorite cereals, add whatever creative toppings you can think of, and add as much milk as you want - all served in those nifty Chinese food containers. hmmmm...I wonder if chocolate milk is an option?

Being the cereal lover I am, you know I am awaiting that precious day when it opens just to be one of the first to try it out. Not that a trip down there would be an every day excursion for me or that it would become one of my favorite restaurants of all time, but I think the idea of a cereal cafe is refreshingly exciting and I just can't wait to mix my Captain Crunch and Frosted Flakes together, adding fresh strawberries and a touch of almonds!! Don't judge & don't hate! It may sound like a weird concoction to you; but to me, it's a dream come true. And that's what this concept cafe is all about right?

I don't know about you, but me & cereal go way back to watching The Smurfs and Tom & Jerry on Saturday mornings when I was a shorty. So, Yum Yum!!! It's time for me to bust out my spoon and get ready for Cereality! And I'm not just talking about eating there at breakfast time.

No comments: