Tuesday, February 22, 2005

fleeting time weaves its little web around me

It's getting late but I am attempting to enjoy what is left of my 5 day mini vacation away from my job. I just refuse to go to bed early lest I lose some valuable R&R time. It’s not an official vacation by any means: not like I am sitting on the beach in Jamaica drinking a frosty drink watching the tide roll in OR roaming the streets of Paris taking the sights. Instead, I have been at home the last few days enjoying the more simple things in life. You know, doing all the things that always seem to escape me during the daily grind of life…like going to the local library to score some good reads, working on my house doing by doing some painting, tiling, and grouting. Not to mention, I've been sleeping in late(yeah!), reading til every last page of my new book, Witch Child,was gone (by the way, I highly recommend it to one and all). Last but certainly not least, I actually have had time to play with my dog til we both collapse with sweet exhaustion, and watch independent movies til the break of dawn. This weekend alone I watched City of God, Maria Full of Grace, and a Day Without a Mexican...all wonderful movies which were tres magnifique.

Only one more tantalizing day of R&R left before I must return back to the corporate world on Thursday. Oh, if only I could just become one with my couch a few more days...ah the life.

No comments: