Tuesday, February 22, 2005

some days I sit and wish I was a kid again...

This morning while walking mi perrito lindo, I walked past the elemantary school down my block and saw two straight lines of exhuberantly excited children (about 6th grade I believe) getting on a school bus. Eager and anxious to leave school on a field trip, their eyes aglow, happy to get away from Math & US History if just for the day. They were happily chattering and laughing in such a way that made me remember my fond field trip days. As I walked away I couldn't help but wonder where they were off to, remebering all my field trips: the zoo, the state capital, a Shakespeare play, or my favorites of all time: The Museum of Science and Industry and the Museum of Contemporary Art.

Maybe I will throw some Ahmad on my ipod and reminisce of the "back in days" as I drift of to sleep.

No comments: