Tuesday, August 02, 2005

singing the "no money" blues

I just paid my first round of bills and realized that I am already $400 in deficit from my budget for the month. OH LORD HAVE MERCY!! Why you ask? Well: Not only is the remodeling of my basement draining me financially, but (SURPRISE) my water bill was due today AND my energy bill was astronomical thanks to the recent heat wave in chicago and my need to have air conditioning on - even when I am not home so my dog doesn't die of heat stroke while I'm at work.

Needless to say, I am rounding up my strong 'bout of depression by listening to songs like:

~ "HURT" (NIN)
~ "King of Sorrow" (Sade)
~ "I'm a Bitch" (Meredith Brooks)
~ "I'm Going Down" (Mary J.)
~ "Iris" (Goo Goo Dolls)

On the bright side, the office is all but DEAD this week. Meaning, while all the big bosses are gone, the rest of us can play. Well, not really play, but at least leave work a lil early. YEHAW!!!

For those who are wondering, I did slip up and smoke a little something this weekend (damn!!). But I am back on track, using the patch, chewing lots of gum, and drinking cupful after cupful Tropical Green Tea from Might Leaf Tea Company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the choice of words- "some a little something..." ;)