Thursday, January 05, 2006

first post of '06

Happy new year everyone! I know it's almost a week late (alas, I have begun procrastination early AGAIN this year) - but the gesture is from the heart nonetheless. I hope 2006 kicks ass for each and every one of you.

As for me, I am enjoying the new year off right: with a new job and no new resolutions whatsoever. When I was younger, each year I would draw up a lists of things which I wanted to accomplish or resolutions which I vowed to keep for the next 365 days. Like everyone else, nothing (or close to nothing) ever got done. How depressing. NEEDLESS TO SAY, as I've matured, I realized I am not one for new years resolutions. Instead, I just cross my fingers & hope for the best: mainly health and happiness throughout the year.

Anyway, I started my new job and I am still in the honeymoon period. I love the environment & the prestige of working at such a world renowned place. Even the people I work with are sweet (though a tad too suburban if you ask me). But, I have to say my favorite thing of all about this job is the FOOD!!! You read right!! They provide us FREE gourmet breakfast, lunch, and dinner via our dining room (you can't even call it a cafeteria, it's so nice). I'm talking decked-out breakfasts with choices of not just the standard muffins and juice - but made to order omelets, Belgian waffles, bacon/sausage, hash browns, and made to order cappuccinos that put Starbucks to shame. Lunch is the same way, with salad bar, a main course, the made to order area usually consisting of stir fry of pasta, soups, and dessert...OHHHH, I am in hog heaven. Talk about a perk huh ? Never again will I have to buy lunch or throw together questionable leftovers to save some cash. LIFE IS GOOD!!

Well, I have to get back to work. This is my first post at my new job (I am in my new cube hiding from prying eyes as best as I can). I feel so naughty...hee hee...I should be working on a spreadsheet. ;)

I will try to post soon. I am away for the weekend but will return afterwards happy as can be. Peace n love

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy new year.