Thursday, January 12, 2006

kudos to whole foods!!

I think Whole Foods' decision to subsidize 100% of it's energy consumption by using wind technology is KICK ASS!

(so far) They are the only Fortune 500 company to purchase renewable energy credits for a full 100% of its energy use. Hopefully, other big companies will see the light and follow suite.

Just think about it, whole foods decision will "help avoid more than 700 million pounds of carbon dioxide pollution in 2006...amounting to taking about 60,000 cars off the road."

I think that decision in itself sets Whole Foods apart from the rest. So much in fact, that I may begin shopping there instead for a portion of my groceries. Granted they are a tad bit more expensive than say Dominicks or Jewels, but at least they care enough about the world we live in to make a difference in it. At least I know my money is going to good use, and not just to some greedy CEO or board of directors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sure how I feel about wind-generated energy. I've read a few articles that make the claim that it does more environmental damage than nuclear ... but I'm still a big fan of Whole Foods (other than the price ... I can't afford to shop there!) The CEO even has a blog.

Rialto Doors said...

Thank youu for this