Friday, February 13, 2004

Drama

Don’t sit there
Emotionless
While tears long to reign
Free your mind through me
The cause of it all
I am…
Unsure what to do
Do I..
Touch you?
Kiss you?
Comfort the pain?
Let you be
For a moment for self reflection?
Rain enters my heart
Silence is the worst of all killers
And its killing me softly
Taking prey at my heart
Look
I know I’m not perfect
But can’t you see?
You are not asking me to change my actions
But are asking me to change me
Broken promises
Do not equate to broken love
Instead
They symbolize the break down of trust
All for a vision of a woman
Which you thought was there
In me
The girl you said
Made you happy
But your not happy at all
I can see how it hurts you
I absorb it into myself
And wish that we could wash it all away
I should have trusted
The feelings in my gut
And told you
Accept me how I am
But feared
You leaving me
Feared
Causing you pain
Gone are visions of me
As your dream girl
In an instant
And a puff of a blunt
I was gone
Leaving scarred hearts in its wake
Tissues which
hold memories
Not soon forgotten
I should not feel guilty
Of being me
You should not feel hurt
Of something you always knew was there
In me
As I stare into you
And wonder
If you can love me like you say
With my eyes
With my soul
With my heart
I say to you
Don’t let silence overcome us
Look into the doorways of my soul
See my love for you unfold
Don’t be afraid to let go
I stand with you
Soul naked like a child
Now Tell me
Can you truly accept me for me?

No comments: