Wednesday, February 25, 2004

more on quizno's freaky ad...

While logging onto MSN messenger, I found an article which actually (partially) describes what the hell those rodent looking things on the quiznos commercial really are and more importantly, where they came fucken came from. Evidently, these creepy characters came from a man named Joel Veitch, who makes television shows for the BBC. They were displayed on a clip on his website (dubbed spongmonkeys), and sent to an advertising exec. for quiznos, which thought it would be awesome for thier next commercial. The article suggests that the base element of these spongmonkeys are Pygmy Marmosets. I think NOT! Pygmy Marmosets are actually cute. And these things? I think they are crack addicted gerbils from inbred parents. I do however, (being the marketing slacker I am today), say that Quizno's accomplished what they intended to do, and that was spark conversation and increase brand awareness. I mean anyone who's seen that commercial will undoubtedly remember it. Anyway, I thought the article was interesting and even included a link for those who don't know what Pygmy Marmosets are. Enjoy!

The Creatures From the Sandwich Shop - Behind the singing rodents in the Quiznos ad
what are Pygmy Marmosets?

No comments: