Tuesday, March 08, 2005

i've said it time and time again

I must have a bull’s-eye on my arse, because I get screwed by the city every chance they get. Recently, it was regarding that ticket I received for no city sticker on my car days after my car was broken and the sticker was stolen (what an asshole of a cop - giving me a ticket even though I had a notice on the windshield stating my sticker was jacked). I had to fight tooth and nail to get it rectified...It took me a whole six months to get that fine lifted (matter fact, it was just lifted about 3 weeks ago).

Now, I received a moving violation (which was my fault). Like any good Samaritan with their license held ransom by the city- I duly paid the City of Chicago the $75 fine to get it back. On Friday, when my license was mailed back to me, I was ecstatic. Visions of being able to go to night clubs, bars, and even buying a six pack at the local store without having the embarrassment of pulling out my ticket to gain admittance paraded through my mind. That was until I opened the envelope to see a gentleman by the name of Sashuki smiling back at me. They sent me the wrong license!!! To make matters worse, when I called the city's clerk to complain, I waited an astounding 45 minutes only to be received by an incredibly RUDE clerk telling me, in essence, that I was a liar trying to scam the city and that my ticket wasn't paid, doubling my fine. After incessantly arguing with her, she finally realized I was right. Supposedly they had credited the wrong complaint number. Now, I have to take valuable minutes out of my lunch break to go downtown to fix the situation. Hopefully, my license is still on file and it will be somewhat quick to resolve once I get down there...but still, what a ROYAL pain in the behind. Am I right ?

No comments: