Monday, March 15, 2004

catch up post

I have been sooo busy lately that I can't even function. Between family visiting from NY, to looking at 3 flats to buy, to working & spending time with honey and friends, I have NOT had a free moment in over a week. The more I look at houses, the more they look the same. All of them suck ass. Ideally I would love to purchase a property with positive cash flow already set, however, with my measly down payment and the type of houses I have been seeing, I doubt it. Some of these houses were hell holes. There was this one place where the listing stated it had a Jacuzzi and newly built deck...but when I got there I thought I was going to puke. What they thought was a Jacuzzi was no more than a leaky sink..what they stated was a deck was an angled mass of wood that felt very unstable to say the least. Not to mention the electrical torn out of the walls in a few places. I was scared to even touch anything, lest I catch some incurable disease or get electrocuted. How could these people feel justified in trying to sell these hell holes for soo much money ? Its amazing to me. BUT..I will not lose faith. I truly believe that my house is out there, and when I do see it..It will hit me a like a ton of bricks.

On a whole different subject..I was thinking: It's so strange how relationship (intimate ones) go through phases. Its like clockwork with each relationship I have ever been on. Phase 1: honeymoon phase consisting of hours of continuous hot sex, interesting conversations til the wee hours of the morning. Couples are connected at the hip, lips, and groins...and are often accompanied with nonstop smiling, whistling...etc etc. Just plain happiness Phase 2: Sex is still great, but not quite as often..lets just say like 4 times a week. You start to notice little things that you didn’t notice before..like that little snort when he or she laughs, how they like to kiss before they brush their teeth, etc etc. Still happy go lucky, but this is the phase where you are no longer connected at the hip. Phase 3: Things start to get into a nice comfy routine. You know each other quirks, fears, etc. All masks come off & you stare at each other in the face... AS for me this stage means the sex not horrible, but NO MORE FOREPLAY...lol Damn..this is getting too long and I am running out of time. But my point remains (as you can guess)..most relationships start off sooo peachy and then deteriorate and deteriorate to the point of no return. What the fuck is this all about ? Why is it so hard to keep that spark? And where do you go when you lose it ?Why do people soo soon forget the greatness they found in each other. That certain something that separated that person from everyone else in the room, in our lives..I think in general, people are so quickly sucked in to this mentality that the other will always be there for them, and in one way or another no longer are as appreciative as they should be. Its sad really. Why is keeping a relationship above water so seemingly difficult. Is it love that is soo complex or is it really simple and it's us that is making it so hard?

No comments: