Friday, March 19, 2004

give peace a chance...

Tomorrow marks the horrid one year anniversary of the one of the biggest mistakes in US history..the US invasion of Iraq. Granted, Hussien is a dickhead and murderer of his own people (any many others), but we have caught him already. Also, there is no evidence of ANY weapons of Mass Destruction to be found. SO my question is..why are we still there? Why are people still dying for a cause that has no grounds to begin with? There is no logical explanation in my opinion why we still are there and everything Bush and Colin Powell say is full of baloney. This war was not about W.O.M.D. but about our leaders eyeing the oil that is so plentiful out there. You mark my words.

Anyway, being the militant modern day hippy that I am, I will join millions of protestors worldwide to PEACEFULLY demonstrate against the war. There will be a march and rally in downtown Chicago and across many cities worldwide. While some may see this as silly and feel that our protests will fall on death ears, I see it as one of the only ways to get my voice heard. This war is an abomination of the innocent Iraqi people who have done no wrong. Anyway, before I start preaching, check out the site which is helping coordinate an International A.N.S.W.E.R. to the War (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism!). As John Lennon would say "All we are saying..is give peace a chance."

P.S. HAPPY FRIDAY !!

No comments: