Friday, May 07, 2004

I couldn't think of a title to this post, so it shall stay blank and nameless. I really don't have anything of value to contribute to the world today; I feel drained. It could be the fact that I have been out drinking for the last three nights in a row. Not that I got drunk per se, but after a few days of drinking back to back, my body gets tired and starts protesting. Last night me & my honey went to that new Tapas place called Sangria (the link to it is a few posts back if you are interested in checking it out). The food was phenomenal but even with 2 free tapas, between the two of us, we rang up a $80 bill (damn, sangrias are expensive). So, needless to say, I am now completely broke and will now commence to become a homebody for the next few weeks.

On another note, I am excited because I may actually be able to afford a vacation this year (yay for me). In July I could be on my way to a weeks worth of paradise in Puerto Rico. My aunt's friend has a condo right on the beach and hopefully (I'm keeping all my fingers, toes, and all my other extremities crossed) we can crash there for next to nothing. Flight fare out there’s not so bad, so I would be spending hardly any money at all. It's been 8 whole years since I have been to P.R. and i can't wait to go back. But, I have to seriously start practicing my Spanish skills because I am turning into a coconut here in the States. hee hee. I am sooo rusty that its scary. Its embarrassing to admit, but I probably have the Spanish vocabulary of a 1st grader. How sad for someone who is so proud of her Latina heritage. But considering I was never taught Spanish by my parents and the only exposure I had to it was my late grandmother, I would say that its not so bad. Nonetheless, it's high time to bust out my Spanish music and turn up Telemundo, ‘cuz Puerto Rico here I come !!

No comments: