Wednesday, May 12, 2004

i'm all smiles today

Today has been a good (albeit long) day. We finalized all the details for the new office space and will be set to move after June 1st. I spent all afternoon looking over all the postcard designs I devised to send out to all our customers and vendors notifying them of our imminent move. I can't wait to chill in my NEW office (with the view) !! We actually are going to have a mini exercise room, complete with an elliptical machine and bowflex for a quick workout during the day. AHHH! The life.

Also I'm excited because I finally am making the steps to go back to school. I was considering pursuing my Masters degree; but instead, I decided to be patient and will take a few classes before I dedicate my time & energy..and most importantly, the money into my new career. I think I am going to take one or two sociology/psychology classes and a few Latino Studies classes. These were the 3 things that actually passed in my long career decision list of pros & cons I devised a few days ago. I should have known to stay in the liberal Arts field! After all, I practically got straight A's in the core LA curriculum and actually enjoyed most (if not all) of classes I took.

On the flip side, I am truly tired of the whole business mentality. I simply cannot see myself behind a desk for the rest of my life (well at least on a marketing level). I want to be inspired. I want to wake up in the morning (at least half of the time) actually looking forward to the day ahead. Is that so much to ask? I wish I could have been one of those people who knew what they wanted to do with their life from a young age. I even wish I have the foresight to develop a concrete plan to achieve some type of career satisfaction. Instead, I just float around trying to make ends meet.

Wow...that last paragraph was a bit morbid. SORRY !! hee hee. I REFUSE to start thinking negatively about my life. It is much more blessed than even I know. Therefore, I will end this post on a positive note and say (just like ICE CUBE) "Today Was a Good Day!!" And tomorrow...tomorrow will be even better damn it!

No comments: