Thursday, May 27, 2004

the word we live in...

I couldn't sleep last night for anything in the world and because of that, I am feeling particularly lymphatic today. No amounts of green tea or music can revive me as I slump here at my desk, half asleep. Let's hope the boss doesn't notice I have absolutely nothing to do this morning.

I seem to be overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions lately, but no words can express the amounts of sadness I feel seeing the news on tv or on the internet. From raising gas prices, to yet more unnecessary deaths in Iraq and possibly more terrorist activity in store for us similar to 9/11. Is there no such thing as good news anymore? My head is swirling and my heart…well my heart is heavily laden with sadness for the state of the world. I especially have been feeling sorry for the soldiers stationed out in Iraq. Don't they just look like the saddest people in the world? With all the talk of prison abuse, they have been given the short stick in more ways then one. They have one of the most merciless jobs ever imaginable and in their short life they have seen so much, especially in the past year. Sigh.

I have been trying to meditate before I go to bed, somehow trying to cleanse and rid myself from all this negative energy and sadness. But my efforts have been in vain as the harsh reality of this scary world never ceases to stop.

No comments: