Thursday, May 20, 2004

books on the brain...

Today I'm back at work and feeling better. Turns out, as soon as I got home yesterday, I wasn't feeling nauseated anymore (go figure that!). I couldn't sleep, sit still, and there was nothing on TV. So, I had the whole afternoon to be productive. I started going through all my crap & just in my shelves in my room I have found like 20 books to sell in my Yard Sale. I found treasures like a tree grows in brooklyn, my chakra meditation cd & workbook, and the outlaws book of poetry. It kinda makes me sad to see them all go, but at the same token, it feels sooo good to declutter my life. It's amazing how many books I read in the past year or two. Seeing the books all stacked together in huge piles made me realize the sheer amount of information we store in our heads...each book we read somehow contributing just a litte to our psyche...imbedding theories, highlighted quotes, and little pieces of stories into the cornerstones of our brains. I just love reading!!! One day (when I am rich...ha ha) I will have a huge library in my house and it shall be grand.

Talking about books, if you are into books as much as I am and don't yet know about BookCrossing, check it out and thank me later. I have been part of that site for a while, but never really utilized it. But, I might just decide to release all the books I do not sell at my yard sale later in the summer.

On other fronts, I can't wait to see the HBO movie Something the Lord Made. Not only is Mof Def in it, Gabrielle Union (from Deliver us from Eva) is also there. I swear she’s just so gorgeous that I can't stop from staring at her (and I am a woman!!). There’s just something about her smile that just blows me away, and that’s especially hard for someone to do.

OHH ! And I updated my bookshelf list on the right of this page. Too many books and not enough time!!!

Anyway, boss is calling so I shall post later. Peace.

No comments: