Thursday, May 13, 2004

sometimes...

It's the little things that matter, like buying yourself some flowers JUST BECAUSE you rock. I brought myself a dozen red tulips, and damn....they just made my week. :)

Other times, when you are in a pissy mood...just the innocent smile and wave of a baby can brighten up your day; somehow making you realize the world is not as bad as you previously thought.

There are countless little things in life that matter sooo much, yet with all the hustle and bustle of life, a lot of times I don't acknowledge them. I look around me to see family, friends, and complete strangers caught up in the same thing; an endless inferno of meetings, finals & papers, daily responsibilities, and life in general.

Isn't it high time we start taking back the small pleasures long forgotten? Smile at a stranger and dance in the rain. Buy yourself flowers or eat that one Crispy Kreme doughnut even though you are on a strict diet. Life is too short. And though I realize I do not know much, today I know that it really is worth it to take a step back and appreciate the small things in life.

No comments: