Thursday, March 03, 2005

I will never forget today



Dedicated to the cat who got his hat turned back on the corner of my block this morning

Redemption song
March 3, 2005

Splattered blood
Falling to the sound of the sun rise
Flying above - a bird sings his song
As blood stains concrete corners
Spilling into rose bushes
Whose flower petals are no longer white
Their buds of life smell of death

The chalk line of his body
Leaves the living with many questions
Many which have no answers
leaving just the abyss his life has become
I know him not
This young cat
But he is my neighbor
His skin once brown like mine -proof he’s family
I can’t help but mourn for humanity
as I walk past the yellow tape
tears flow freely for his soul
and for the faces of them before him
I say a prayer as I pick a blood stained rose
And place it in my hair

May he find the redemption on the other side
which escaped him in life.

No comments: