Thursday, January 19, 2006

a million little observations...

The last two days I was in a seminar downtown which required me to take the el. There, I observed a large amount of people reading the controversial memoir " A Million Little Pieces" - what's more shocking is that all of them were JUST starting the book - with the price tag still on it!!

It appears "The smoking Gun's" exposing story of James Frey's lies (or be it - half truths) written in the memoir appears to have done more good than harm to James Frey's bottom line. I even found myself intrigued to read it, casually looking over a shoulder or two to read a paragraph to see what all the hype was about. It's funny how things like that backfire, huh ?

1 comment:

Amadeo said...

It seems like the hot thing people want to read about is always something I experienced in some shape or form (or know someone who did) and these types of books, plays, etc. never appeal to me...