Tuesday, January 24, 2006

the silent treatment

I dream of revealing my soul to you
the center of it all
my black and blue heart
the result of...silence

I can't deny it
Though my heart wants to fight it
Silence speaks volumes over words
And I find myself speechless

I fear even if words did come
No matter how discrete
They'd form concrete
Somehow holding us down

But...
What if I did tell you
My dreams and fears
Finally reveal myself to you after all these years
Will my words of truth
fall on deaf ears?
Or will you ignore it
Thinking I got lit and I'm just giving you lip
Chalking it up to more of my crazy shit ?

I sometimes wonder
Can you feel my silence engulf you as we become one?
Long after its said and done...
Do you look at me and wonder what's become...of us
Do you know
I dream of painting you my world?
Taking you on the grand tour
Yet I wake up to find yet again
silence reigns supreme
Somehow I'm frozen
Beside myself...in love

These unspoken words
Have spoke dimensions more than the words themselves
leaving me sad & lonely
feeling somewhat phony
with you at my side

1 comment:

Mickey Glitter said...

Great poem! Reminds me of some stuff from my own past relationships. Hope you're doing okay. I'm here if you need to vent.