Thursday, June 15, 2006

mantra of the day: positivity is a way of life (ohhmmm)

I realized something last night (yet again). Despite my best attempts at being positive, I'm physically & psychologically drained, tired and cranky all the damn time. Subconsciously I know life is too short to be any of things for long...and truthfully, compared to many others in the world -my life is a cakewalk. It's amazing how the hum drum of life can drag you down. It's an internal struggle I have found myself grappling with for quite a while.

But, as they say...negative in...negative out. So today, I sparked an internal change (once again) to manifest positivity into my life in small ways. (Hopefully) one day it will be instinctive as opposed to conscious actions. But in the meanwhile, I shall consciously appreciate and enjoy the small things in life that REALLY matter. Stuff like: the warm feeling I get inside when my boyfriend clings to me in the middle of the night. Or, how wonderful it is to come home to the happiest dog in the world who just couldn't wait for me to come walking through that door so he can land a kiss on me.

I will try not to sweat the spilled milk of my life. Instead, I will cherish the wonder that is my journey. And in doing so, today I reverberate my mantra: positivity is a way of life (ohhhmmmm)

4 comments:

Amadeo said...

My personal Mantra has been "oh well...let's see the next thing."

MJ Tam said...

Wow... great posting. I needed possitivity in my life right now and you had placed things is perspective so well.

BTW- thanks for visiting my blog, and don't be a stranger.

Unknown said...

good luck. keeping that positive attitude is something you sometimes have to make a real effort at doing. especially if its not an attitude you've always taken. after all old habits are hard to break. i find that just running through the list of things you're grateful for starts making a difference almost immidiately.

Veronica Garcia said...

I love this. By far my favorite. Positive. It's the only way to be. :)