Thursday, August 17, 2006

the last few drops of summer...

I still can't believe the summer is almost over! In what appears like a millisecond's time since spring ended, the sun is starting to set earlier and earlier each day - and suddenly, the nights and mornings appear just a little too chilly to wear a tank top or my sandals when I'm walking my Taz.

Anyway...here's what has been keeping me busy in these dog days:

1) Forcing myself to work out 3 times a week on my elliptical machine - no matter how lazy, tired, or busy I seem to be

2) Procrastinating on posting pictures to Lollapalooza 2006- which I attended at the beginning of the month. You guys can see what little I do have posted from the grand event here. The pictures at night which are barely visable are of Red Hot Chili peppers and Kanye West shows. (more on my lollapalooza experience below)

3) Starting the whole process of appealing my cook county property taxes all by myself (they are proposing to raise it by an astonishing 30%!!!). That craziness being said, I've done quite a bit of research on my neighboring buildings and read almost every piece of literature on the subject that I can get my hands on. I refuse to go quietly into the night!

4) Reading to my hearts content, because in less than a month when I start school I won't have that luxury anymore!!

As for Lollapalooza 2006, what more can I say other than it was such a kick ass experience! The weather was perfect in Chicago and most of the bands we saw were actually very interactive and sounded pretty good acoustically. As the days progressed, we did start getting to the festival later and later due to fatigue setting in and the fact that most of the bigger acts were later on anyway. Some of the bands we did check out were: auqualung, death cab for cutie, stars, gnarls barkely, the editors, the shins, kanye west, red hot chili peppers, blackalicious, and common. I was really bummed I didn't get to see the subways, ohmega watts, or kill Hannah, but what can I say ? You have to schedule your time wisely and if two good acts are going on at the same time at different ends of the park, you just can't be in two places at one time. Three whole days of live music for $140 was definitely worth it and I plan on going again next year if I can!

No comments: