Friday, August 18, 2006

mmm..chocolate virgin mary ?

This morning while browsing the web I came across yet another story about people worshipping some type of food which THEY BELIEVE holds a likeness to the Virgin Mary. Just what exactly is it with people always seeing depictions of the virgin mary in food ? This time, it was found in a chocolate factory among scraps of other pieces of chocolate.

I don't know about you, but I don't see the likeness here at all (see pic below)...in fact, just looking at this picture of chocolately goodness is making me hungry. I understand that in these days and times everybody wants to take some comfort in their religion and salvation, etc...but just the thought of people literally worshipping a mis-shapen piece of chocolate with prayers and rose petals is just a little too much !! C'mon people..its a fucken piece of chocolate!!!! Get over it already.


depiction of the virgin mary or just a wonderful chocolatey replacement for sex?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you know, i can sort of see the virgin but then again it can be a grim reaper minus that thingy he holds. it wouldn't be a clear image either way.

Mexirican said...

I like youir new set up... very cool!

Mickey Glitter said...

I love the new template to death! Fits in with this post, sort of chocolate-ty and soothing...my boss knows the women who own the chocolate shop where the Virgin Mary has been sighted, although she didn't say anything about it on Friday. I wonder if she's heard the amazing news? =)

Amadeo said...

When I want to see some St. it needs to be a vision, something that is speaking, or something that won't grow mold on it. Especially in poorer countries. Why would God mess with people like that, should I eat it or pray with it?