Thursday, April 26, 2007

scattered thoughts

Viva la Craigslist! God I love this site. Over the course of the weekend, I got a 80 gig Video ipod (still factory sealed) for a whopping $75 cheaper than in the stores. I know it was a splurge, but it was high time I treated myself to something nice, dammit. Next on the agenda: the $70 Belkin FM tuner for the ipod...found on none other than craigslist for $30.

Another positive: I was able to rent one of my units on the first day of showing it. My new tenants will move in Mid-May and I am happy as a lark to not have to be without rental income for too much longer...To top it off, I didn't have to pay for the apartment listing because it was (you guessed it) listed on Craigslist for FREE. Damn, I'm like a walking billboard for them today, aren't I?

In other news, it's been over 2 months since I started working out 4 to 5 days a week on the elliptical and weight machines. In fact, my new found regimen inspired my bf to join the gym 3 weeks ago. To date, he has lost 5 pounds...as for me...a MEASLY 3. What the hell? I am so hating on him right now.

Oh, and school is going extremely well. I'm getting an "A" in my Stratification class thus far, and it's midway through. But, I'm still struggling to find a topic for my 18 page research paper. It has to examine one of the primary barriers children face in education. I'm thinking it will either be on School Funding or Bilingual Education. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Mexirican said...

For your topic you could consider cultural barriers that children face in education. Meaning, how teachers and children relate to each other so they can learn. For instance, muslims or puerto ricans with a white teacher. What communication styles bar children from learning.