Monday, June 11, 2007

destination: final paper


picture via flickr

Over the last 3 weeks I have spent over 70 hours researching for and writing my final paper, which I am happy to report that I am finishing the final touches on. At 23 pages long (not including references, title page, or appendixes), I have poured my heart and soul into it.

I always knew I had a passion for education. Always knew I wanted to make the world a better place...but this paper on public school funding released emotions I never knew I had. At times doing the research I was infuriated at the vast differences I found between the rich and poor, at times I wanted to cry because I saw myself, my family, and friends in so many of the stories and studies I read. I feel like a wool has been lifted off my eyes allowing me to conceptualize the inequalities in education...but in it's place...a weight has been placed on my chest. I feel helpless to change it...

If anyone is interested in reading my paper, just let me know. I will be happy to spread the knowledge to the masses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing your paper. Sounds like you really did pour your heart and soul into it. Good for you! I'm so proud of you (and so is Molly!), mija. xoxo