Wednesday, March 24, 2004

it's raining in chi-town

Today I am sooo loving the rain: the smell of wet ground, the feel of drops upon my face. It really made me feel alive this morning. I really needed that, as I woke up cranky and irritated that I had to get up to take my butt to work. It's weird how becoming an adult, in my opinion, is like growing into slavery in our society. I woke up feeling like a slave to my job. Every day I get up to work and by the time I get out, the whole day is pretty much spent and I am exhausted. At times, I feel like I do not have any time to relax, have fun, hang loose, or just have some quality time with ME. Anyway, back to the rain..it just made me realize that none of it matters. That life is what it is, both for better and/or worse. I know one day my life won't be so monotonous.

Oh! The peace rally and march on Saturday was awesome. I never felt soo much love in one place at all. There were people of all races, ages, and backgrounds and they all were COOL as hell. Supposedly there was about 5,000 of us in Chicago that came out for the occasion, but it didn't seem THAT packed to me. I made my rounds around the area pretty easily taking pictures and checking out the various booths that were scattered around. Reverend Jackson also spoke, which was kinda cool. I took a few pictures of people and their powerful & creative signs. I hope to post them soon in my yahoo briefcase. My favorite was an elderly white man (who in my opinion looked like an apostle or something with long white hair & a long white beard). He had a sigh that said "who would Jesus bomb ?" It was just so powerful to me.

Works picking up so I gotta go. Peace & love.

No comments: