Tuesday, March 16, 2004

today was a good day...

In the words of Ice Cube "Today was a Good day!!" You ever had one of those days where everything was perfect in your life? I woke up refreshed, even had enough time to straighten my afro out a lil bit to a smooth, sleek and sexy 'do. When I straighten it, my hair flows all the way down to my mid back & I absolutely LOVE it. Also, work is flying by (for a change) & the best news of all is that I FINALLY got a call back from a job (whoo hoo!!). SOOOO, tomorrow afternoon I have an interview to try to swindle my way back into the property management industry & I am soo excited.

Tonight I should be either looking at houses or getting my workout on. Me & M are doing great and for the first time in my life I think I actually found someone who loves me for me & accepts me as I am. Its mind boggling. In a nutshell...life is great & its soo odd. For once in my life I actually have it all together, everything flowing smoothly with a smile on my face. For all I know it could be the calm before the storm, but for now I am just going to lay back and enjoy it while its still here.

Also, today is the primary elections. I hope you voted!!! As for me, I still have to vote (which I should find time to squeeze in after work) but I feel it's necessary. If we don't, our inaction allows overly anal & old fashioned, rich, ancient looking white men to run this country, apparent from the current state of our country...with no thought on us, the people they are supposed to represent. Looking at all the Illinois candidates and finding none which represent my ideals and train of thought, I feel like I have to choose between the lesser of 7 evils. What’s sad is that fact is for the most part I feel like that’s true of all US elections. Sometimes I want to move my ass to Europe or Mexico or something just to get away from the suffocating policies America inflicts upon me. Anyway, if there is to be any change, we have to stand up for what we believe in and not allow our elected representatives take advantage of us with taxes that get put in their own pockets or pass policies that take away our freedom as a people. If they discriminate against one of us, they are discriminating against us all. That’s my motto. SO VOTE YOUR BUNS OFF PEOPLE !!!

No comments: