Wednesday, August 11, 2004

guess who's back ? back again...

Sorry to all who have been looking for me!! I know that for the last week I have been missing in action, but I have good reasoning...I truly have been so overwhelmed with change that I haven't had time to process it all, let alone write anything down. Even tonight, after I dragged my butt home to do laundry @ 9 p.m., I had to force myself to even boot up my computer to check my ever mounting emails. But, I figured while I'm here, I should really update with some info on the wonderful things that have kept me from my beloved blogging.

1) My new job ROCKS! Because it’s a new branch in Chicago, everything is still coming out of boxes and is in a constant state of chaos. Even my new laptop computer and ultra high tech Nextel blackberry phone have yet to arrive (woe is me...I haven't even had time to check email or to even yahoo chat on the job - I'm going through separation fits daily!!). BUT, I love the people I work with and it feels great to actually have a position where I am actually busy the whole day and people actually need my input on projects. By the time 5 o’ clock hits, I just want to collapse. AHHH! what a feeling.

2) This is a big one. I finally got my puppy on Saturday!! He's sooo cute and devilish- I fell in love with him at first sight really. Unfortunately, when we came and got him, that chubby little behind that earned him the name 'Gordo' was whittled down. Gordo just didn't seem like an appropriate name for him anymore. Because he is only 3 months old and didn’t know his name yet, me & my honey decided to rename him 'Taz' - after the Tasmanian Devil, of course. And If you have ever met my Taz, you would know what a smart & sneaky little devil he is - 'Taz' is absolutely a perfect name.

Having a puppy is harder work than I thought - it's just like having a kid in every way. Between walking him, bathing him, and making sure he doesn't eat or get into anything crazy, my head is swirling. He is so curious & loves to get into everything. We tell him "NO" and "HEY!" so often in fact, it's amazing that he doesn't think one of them is his name. Even though he's pretty potty trained already, he does still have his accidents. Just like a baby, he sleeps soo much and when he's not sleeping, he wants our attention at every moment. I swear he even gets cranky & jealous sometimes when me & my man cuddle. His eyes beg "cuddle me instead! MEEE!!"

My taz has made me laugh countless of times to the point of tearing -he’s such a character for real. And I swear he is a pimp. We took him to the lake on Sunday and almost everyone that strolled by had to stop to pet him. :) I will undoubtedly post some of the many pics I have taken on my pup, so stay posted.

3) DISCLAIMER: To all the relationship hating people out there, you can just skip this section. You have been warned.

As you know, my man started working the late night shift this week...and while he is totally loving his new gig, I am sitting here lonely night after night (exhausted, yet restless). I know its sounds soo damn corny (and I am almost ashamed to admit this to strangers), but I have such a hard time falling asleep without talking to him on the phone or feeling him next to me. For practically every night over 2 years, he has been the last person I talk to, cuddle with, etc as I drift off to dreamworld. And truthfully, I miss our late night talks that last through the night only ending until one of us falls asleep.

ha. Love is so damn nauseating...

Well, it's time to put my last load in the dryer and try to get a good nights sleep. Maybe I will try to meditate tonight.

I'm exhausted and have to be at work tomorrow 1/2 an hour earlier than usual. Good night to all. Peace & love.

No comments: