Thursday, October 21, 2004

Semi Hiatus

I'm sorry to those...oh...lets just say, two individuals who keep checking my blog semi religiously only to be disappointed to find not one new post in weeks. Sigh. I really do try to post, but all I seem to do lately is work and sleep. As it stands, I have no time for family, friends, or even myself. Needless to say, I am starting to get really tired of working my job. The joy I had just two months ago coming into work (oh...its for the children...yey!!!!) has since diminished and been replaced by crankiness. While I thought I would be making a pretty penny vs. my other job, when broken down...I actually only make about $100 more than I did before. In addition, when you take into account the 60-75 hour work weeks I have been pulling, I probably make less than the cashier at your local McDonalds. Since I am salaried, there is no such thing as overtime here. It's sad, sad, sad I tell you. I better get one FAT bonus I tell you that or else my boss can kiss my @ss....On one Positive note, I have lost a whole pants size. I call it the Platform Diet (named after my company of course).

Anyhow, during the last week or so, I have seriously considered taking down My Complex Simplicity completely since it has become so damn neglected, but truthfully, I don't have the heart. I love this blog too much. It has provided me with an outlet that I never knew existed, allowed me to expand my cyber network of friends, and lets me plain and simply express myself to anyone who cares to listen. How can I just give that up? I CAN'T....

SOOOO, I have to make more of an effort to make ME smile. I need to start dancing in the street for no other reason other than the song that’s playing in my head, I need to light a few candles as I listen to Sade while eating a whole Triple Decker Sundae complete with chocolate wafers and whipped cream. I need to cuddle with my puppy and have some serious quality time with my man for a change.

But, first, I need to start taking some vitamins or something cuz...I'm Tired ya'll. And I have to get back to work. So, laters.

No comments: