Friday, December 23, 2005

a day of loving-kindness


ommm shanti....

Some people may read this post and think I'm a crazy ass. But if you have been reading me for a while, you know that I am really into meditation: I do it at least 3 to 5 times a week.

In any case, I awoke this morning happy to be alive and light hearted. Its Friday and I am already on vacation mode. So much, in fact, that all morning I have been practicing the Loving-Kindness Meditation: where I send positive energy to people. This morning, I have sent positive energy to each person that crossed my mind or that I saw. Even that asshole that cut me off this morning almost making me crash into his rear bumper.

So today, continuing on my walking meditation, here's one for all my readers (all 4 of you)

I wish you personal happiness, whatever that may be to you

I wish you and your family the best of health, and the ability to overcome illnesses (this especially goes out to Ms. Mickey Glittter and her papi)

I wish you safety, from danger and ignorance

I wish you a life of ease; may you get that paper $$ and all that good shit

You know, this meditation should be used in anger management classes. It truly works in making you feel like a million bucks. Not only that, it really puts you in that x-mas spirit, ya know ? Why don't you try it ?

4 comments:

Amadeo said...

Give thanks for the good vibes.

Mariposatomica said...

Gracias for your positivity! I've been meaning to try meditation. I live kind of a stressful life. Hey you must join us for a writing session at Cracked Chancla's cafe/bookstore. Will be organizing it soon. Will update you.

ms. purity said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ms. purity said...

You guys should start by trying a guided meditation. With the soothing music and voice telling you exactly what to do, its as easy as can be.

Put it on when you are ready for bed. Even if you fall asleep mid-meditation, you are still getting a portion of it and it doesn't even cut into your day!!

Mariposa: Just let me know when & I will be there !!