Monday, December 19, 2005

who am i to judge crazies ??? ;)

I could not believe my eyes this morning while reading the RedEye's article about a group of young vegans named "the rat patrol" scouring the rat infested alleys and dingy garbage cans of Chicago for...(gulp)...recycling (i.e eating) remaining food. In essence, they raid local garbage cans in Chicago's alleys in an attempt to reduce the amount of national waste. What was funny to me is their catchy name: FREEGANS, coming from the intermixing of being vegans and getting free food from garbage cans.

what's for lunch, man?!!!


No matter how much I try to heed their noble vision of reducing national waste, I just cannot fathom their actions. I mean, its kinda a cool concept, but when you get to the nuts and bolts of it, its plain disgusting, unhygenic, and plain old NASTY!!! I can see recycling other things like furniture, computers & books, but FOOD? What are these people thinking ?!!!

I mean, I dearly try not to judge people, even extremists such as these - but GOOD LORD!!! You couldn't pay me enough to go digging for "jewels" of leftover food in garbage cans (both business and residential), especially in Chicago. I've seen some rats the size of kittens driving down these alleys and refuse to even go there.

Its just nuts I tell you, FREAKING NUTS!!!

3 comments:

Amadeo said...

Their mommas should smack them...that's nasty...hella nasty

ms. purity said...

Who ya telling ?!!! I'm still grossin' out over here!!! ewwww

Unknown said...

that's pretty gross. going freegan can make you sick.