Monday, February 06, 2006

car blues

There must be some internal mechanism inside cars that urges them to stall, sputter, and/or not want to start once they hit 100,000 miles...in my opinion its probably something car manufacturers put in place to...persuade...people to seriously consider buying a newer model.

In any case, my old reliable 1996 Toyota has never given me any "real" problems over the last 8 years that I've had it. But like magic, it hit 1000,000 miles last week and since then - it's been taking it's sweet time to turn on; making me attempt to turn it over 3 or 4 times before it finally gives in and turns on. I know one thing for sure: it's not the battery, as its practically brand new. We've got a running bet on what the cause is: so far 2 people think it's the starter, 1 thinks its the alternator, and one thinks it's fuel injector. To make things that much worse, when it does start, for some reason, my speakers seem to come in and out whenever they damn well please.

Dammit. Now I have to take my baby in to the shop this weekend. I just hope it doesn't leave me stranded somewhere in the meanwhile. Most of all, I hope my car is just going through a mini mid-life crisis of sorts and all these issues are not a sign of even more horrible things to come in the future. Arrrghhh

1 comment:

Max Donovan said...

Thanks foor writing