Friday, February 17, 2006

internal observation number 1

Why is it that I'm so hard on myself ?
Why, when I foul up, am I so disappointed in ME ?
Being an over-acheiver in every sense of the word, I hate the feeling of failure

I know everyone makes mistakes, and that its part of life. But, its especially hard for me to come to grips with the fact that my hands (or my words) did more harm than good.

Hours have passed and I am still fuming at my stupid mistake. While everyone else seemed so forgiving of me, I could not let my actions go without nagging myself with shoulda, coulda, woulda's.

I know all that negative energy can't be good for anyone, yet I can't stop from over-internalizing all my own fears and flaws whenever I fall in life.

Thus, my goal of the day is to realize I'm only human and more importantly just to Get over it!!

1 comment:

*LadieFire* said...

Getting over it is easier said than done. But it is achievable. It takes some working through. I'll give you some of the best advice my aunt gave me:

Ask yourself:
Is this something within my control?

If the answer is yes, then do what you can to make it right. If the answer is no, worring about it won't change things. So forgive yourself and let it go.

By the way, thanks for the compliment. And yes you can display my poem as long as you give credit where credit is due. =o) Life is too short, so live it up!