Wednesday, May 17, 2006

doin' the humpty dance

I know it's only hump day, but to me, it's already Friday. I am leaving work early today and have tomorrow and Friday off to entertain family coming in from out of town for my brothers wedding - which takes place this Saturday! Four day weekend here I come ! And a busy weekend it will be: between entertaining family, being in the wedding, and my boyfriends shoulder surgery tomorrow, I have to help plan the rehearsal dinner AND do all last minute errands for the wedding that I have been putting off for weeks.

Aside from the stress of it all, the wedding has sparked something else in my heart: joy. I have never seen my brother so happy and alive as he is right now (which is saying a lot because my brother is an eternal optimist and is always smiling). I know Saturday when the vows take place I will surely shed a tear- the first of my tears to ever fall due to a wedding.

No comments: