Tuesday, April 19, 2005

maybe i was supposed to be a gay man ?

I always felt like the lord made a mistake by making me female, as I have always displayed more masculine characteristics. Even as a child, I was a tom boy, climbing trees and buildings, playing tag football, and being a bully to the local geeks and weirdos (an action I feel bad about from time to time, but that's not the subject of this post at all - so lets move on).

I have to say I do not have many (ok, ok ANY) female friends, with the few I did have, lost due to drama which I do not care to repeat. Stemming from childhood, I have always seemed to get along better with men vs. women too. I love to just hang out, have a few beers, and scream a few profanities at the screen along side them.

This masculinity rings true even in my appearance. I do not wear makeup AND despise wearing skirts (I tell my b.f. each time I wear a skirt or dress to take a picture of the momentous occasion, cuz he wont be seeing these legs in another one for a while).

Today is one of these rare occasions where I did wear a skirt and did put on makeup (oh my!!). When a co worker asked me why I don't dress like that more often, I coyly said "maybe I was supposed to be a gay man ?". I don't think she understood me... :)

No comments: