Monday, April 18, 2005

My review of Blockbuster online


Blockbuster online really sucks!!

I decided to take the plunge and try Blockbuster online, after all there's that two week free trial they are offering. I figured, I spend about the same amount of money monthly just going to the local store by my house, so why not try out the online version and have it delivered to my doorstep instead? (the prospect of shopping in my p.j’s was also a plus...)

After building up and reorganizing my online Queue (a.k.a. wish list) from "readily available movies" to those which I had to wait for, I eagerly anticipated the arrival of my free movies like a fat kid egging for a piece of cake.

My review: SADLY, I HATED IT!!! It's now week two of the trial and I have only gotten 1 damn movie (which, consequently, was one of my least anticipated options). Every other movie on the top portion of my list was either lost in the mail, or mysteriously, lowered down on my Queue list no matter how much I tried to raise it. How frustrating (I probably gotten a gray hair or two just trying to get through customer service).

Netflix, on the other hand, wins hands down. Their premier service, which allows for 3 rentals at any given time, is 3 dollars more vs. that of Blockbuster online. BUT, after you pick a movie, it's usually delivered to your doorstep within 2 days for your viewing pleasure.

Trying to compare the two is like comparing an MP3 player to an 8 track. Blockbuster, unless it changes it's fundamental logistics, will be ancient news before they blink. As for me, I rather pay an extra 3 bucks to Netflix and have the movies I order shipped to me the next day, instead of waiting almost 2 weeks to get to my doorstep via blockbuster online.

No comments: