Tuesday, November 15, 2005

tis the season...

I know its not even Thanksgiving yet, but I already have Christmas on the mental. Despite the COLD weather it brings, I love every aspect of xmas. An overindulgence of family, food, and to top it off - no work. How kick ass is that ? But most of all, I love spreading the joy of sharing.

Most of you know by now that every year I "adopt" a needy child or two- sometimes more depending on how much money I have to donate. It has been a long standing tradition that I've employed since I got my first job. I usually do it through local programs like The Chicago Sun-Times Season of Sharing or through non profits like Direct Effects Charities. I think this year I would like to do the same for Children which were affected by Hurricane Katrina. Preferably those children forced to relocate to the Chicagoland area. Does anyone know a LOCAL charity which I can participate in (the overhyped red Cross or FEMA are not getting a penny of my hard earned cash!!!)?

Last night I also had the bright idea to donate a few hours to feed the hungry this season too. I always have thought about doing it on Thanksgiving or Christmas, but never went through with it. I mean, I can leave my moms house a few hours early or get there a little late to help out the less fortunate right ?

hmmm...I wonder if I can persuade the bf to come along for the ride. HAH! Just getting him off the couch will be mission impossible!!!

No comments: