Thursday, May 24, 2007

got gas?



Ideally, I would say ride a bike instead of fill 'er up...but most people are going to be driving around this weekend like crazy... SOOOO, I hope you remembered to fill up the old gas tank already because gas prices are just going to go through the roof the closer it gets to the weekend. As of now, I saw gas prices by my house for $3.92/gallon for regular unleaded (yes, that's the cheap shit).

But I truly lucked out this week. There are no words to explain how happy I was to actually SCORE some gas at $3.52/gallon in the suburbs two days ago. It's so sad to even say that $3.52/gallon is a steal. I SHOULD NOT BE GETTING HAPPY FOR PAYING THAT MUCH FOR GAS..PERIOD...I remember just a few yeas ago when $2 a gallon was the norm (not even that long ago actually).

The way things are going nowadays, it makes you question if there will there be a day when people just CAN'T afford gas anymore (and whether those days are coming faster than we care to admit)....Mad Max type days where gas is a luxury for the elite and not just an everyday commodity to be taken for granted by the masses...A day when a majority of American's just WON'T BE ABLE to afford the gas costs of Hummers and SUV's? Well...Only the rich folks I guess.

Ok, I digress yet again...if you haven't gotten your gas, go now...RUNNNN before it's too late and you are applying for that bank loan to fill 'er up!!! By the way, you can check out the best gas prices in your area at gas buddy.

2 comments:

Amadeo said...

I am waiting for the Mad Max days. I will be jacking like crazy. I figure I'll get my sides shaved and let my locks grow into a nappy mohawk...now if I could just find black feathers to put on my football shoulder pads...

Brady Frequent Traveler & Eater said...

Gas costs a lot more in many parts of the world. Americans eventually need to realize that driving is a luxury - especially the types of cars many people like to drive. In the short term, people can't live without their cars, but hopefully in the long term, people will learn to adapt. Also, gas expenses are a lot less a a percentage of people's income than in the past, which somewhat explains how people are not rioting. And no one in America believes they are part of the elite, not matter how rich they are compared to others. Just compare yourself to the majority of the people in the world and we are all pretty darn elite, rich, and fortunate.