Wednesday, April 07, 2004

the difference in awakening

I am not a morning person by any means. My snooze button on my alarm clock which is worn to the point of nonexistence is proof of that fact. But this morning, the sun was shining, I woke up in a good mood for once and realized that my life wasn't too bad at all.

THEN...I got to work and reality of the state of the world set in. Now I have been good about not bringing up my political views on here as of late (its been a few weeks) but all the loss of the life and tragedy in Iraq has left me feeling so utterly sad. I come to wonder what our country is really trying to accomplish there because the occupation in Iraq is really not defined. From the sounds of it, at this point they are just killing anyone. Reading Baghdad Burning really gave me a perspective on what our so called war on terrorism (or weapons of mass destruction) is really is doing to this country. IN essence, it offers its viewers a true insiders perspective. This morning while drinking my green tea, I read these words from this woman, who truthfully reminds me of myself, and I swear I wanted to cry. I cannot even begin to comprehend the horrible things she has experienced, seen, or how she feels. I woke up this morning happy as can be with the sun shining on my face...while this woman woke up like this :

"Now it seems we are almost literally reliving the first few days of occupation… I woke up to the sound of explosions and gunfire last night and for one terrible moment I thought someone had warped me back a whole year and we would have to relive this last year of our life over and over again… "

The world is truly a sad place to live in...WHY?

No comments: